Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Who?

Hey I'm Suzanne.



I may have gone to school with you, grew up with you, worked with you, met you through a friend, met you at a party or accepted you onto my very popular/overpopulated facebook page that served me with my 15 minutes of fame...that lasted 4 years providing me with approx 20 000+ friends on and off.


Or if this is your first time hearing about me- Hey !



Either way I see myself as being nobody special. I'm just here. I went through the motions and finished school with great marks and did everything I was told. Was I happy? No. I forced myself to apply for commerce and marketing with fear that I'd end up a loser if I didn't-thats high school brainwashing for you. I got accepted early with scholarships to all and to this day the universities still harass me to go to theirs.




Why didn't I go?


Well this may sound stupid...but I just didn't want to go.


I will someday - but only when I feel that it's right and not forced upon me like the biggest scam/rip off/debt going.
Not to say all of my friends made the wrong choice... I just almost did.

So now I'm here.


Friends with potential nurses, engineers, surgeons, brewmasters, teachers, lawyers, journalists, politicians and businessmen/woman.


Relatives asking me "What are you going to do with the rest of your life?"
It's hard for me to explain that I don't want to be like them. Or at least like many of the people I've met.

I already work a 9-5 full time government job that I hate. I don't want to live my life for the money, doing something that I hate, something I will never get any recognition for.

I want to find my happiness in something that I can be proud of.

So whats next?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can see why you have the reasons you do for not wanting to jump in with both feet just yet. It is important to take your time and find out what is happening with yourself before you are tied to something you don't really want to do.
    I hate my job and need a change too and like you I have the luxury of taking some time to figure out what that SPECIAL life changing thing may be...so lets see where my journey can take me too

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't turn back with regrets, then you're fine!

    Nice blog =) Imma subscribe! hahaah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay !! Thank you both :)
    ahhh comments♥

    ReplyDelete